Here you can learn about the basic kHED features
- A simple, convenient and user-friendly interface, that is great for the beginers.
- A powerfull tool to create triangles and polygons, including polygons with holes.
- A variety of tools for creating primitives: Plane, Box, Chamfer Box, Sphere/GeoSphere, Cylinder, Chamfer Cylinder, Tube and Torus.
- Different primitive creation modes to avoid the need of aligning primitives after creating them.
- A Lathe Tool to create rotational objects by an outline.
- A multi-purpose Loft Tool, that extrudes a 2D object along path.
- Tools to modify model geometry with ease: Move, Rotate, Scale, Extrude, Bevel and Inset.
- Precise object selection in any viewport.
- A planar, cylindrical and sphere texture mapping.
- Automatic unwrap of complex meshes (Unfold and Flatten algorythm).
- A powerfull Texture Coordinates Editor (UV Editor), that can handle elements, weld/unweld element parts and has handy 3D selection window.
- Automatic Smoothing Group assigning by maximum angle between triangles and unlimited number of Smoothing Groups.
- Different 3D view control modes: around center, around model/selection center and first-person (with arrow keys navigation).
- Exporting and Importing:
- Wavefront Object (*.OBJ)
- 3D Studio Model (*.3DS)
- MilkShape 3D Binary (*.MS3D)
- Half-Life SMD (*.SMD)
- Half-Life Model (*.MDL)
- Support for all Milkshape3D plugins
- Customizable user interface.
- Adjustable background images to help you build a model from sketch.
- Automatic data restore after crash.
- Complete user manual.